Grind: medium “drip”
Steep Time: 3.5-4 minutes
Press Time: 30 seconds
Total Brew Time: 4-4.5 minutes
- Start by inverting the AeroPress, placing it plunger-side down with the black plastic filter cap facing up. Pull the plunger out until it is just past the “4” mark on the side of the brewing cylinder.
- Dose your 14g of freshly ground coffee into the brewing cylinder.
- Place the cylinder on the scale and tare to 0.
- Add 235g of water directly to the grounds, being sure to wet all the coffee evenly, and allow to steep for about 3.5-4 minutes.
- While the coffee is brewing, place one paper AeroPress filter into the black plastic filter cap and lock the cap into place on the top of the brewing cylinder.
- At the end of your brew time, un-invert your AeroPress, placing the entire apparatus filter-side down on the top of your mug or serving vessel.
- Press down with enough force to push all the brewed coffee through and out in about thirty seconds.
- When you’ve finished, unscrew the cap and give the plunger a quick final push to eject the spent coffee cake out of the brew cylinder.
- And that’s it! Pour, sip, enjoy!