Entry Level Team Member Job Description
The Entry Level Team Member works directly in the production department with a focus on our grocery operations, but also working at the retail bar and farmer’s markets on Saturdays. The entry level team member, under the supervision of the production manager, will assist in execution of all grocery orders, building of back stock, working to open, close, and serve customers at the roastery bar, and set up, work, and break down our Saturday farmer’s markets through the summer. All Team Members are expected to excel at customer service, whether they are taking orders or answering questions over the phone, helping customers in person or making deliveries. The ideal candidate works quickly with a sense of urgency. A background in coffee is also desirable.
Entry Level Team Member Responsibilities
- Produces all packaging materials for shipments, including labeling of bags and boxes.
- Filling all coffee orders ready for shipment and building backstock inventory.
- Working with fellow team members to ensure that all orders are filled, packed and shipped in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Communicating with the Area Managers any inventory shortages, errors or safety concerns.
- Other projects as necessary, to help the department be successful
- Open, serve, and close the roastery retail bar
- Work the Saturday farmer’s markets through the summer, stocking market bins, assembling all materials, loading vans, setting up booths, serving customers during the farmer’s market, breaking down booths, cleaning all market materials, and putting away cleaned materials.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly cleaning and organizations activities.
- Answer the phone, write down orders legibly and accurately and answer customer questions such as providing tracking information and coffee suggestions. Refer calls to a manager or more experienced Team Member when unable to provide accurate or timely information to customers.
- At all times provide friendly, respectful, knowledgeable and efficient customer service.
- Transition efficiently from completing one task to starting another; if unsure what task to tackle next, check with Production Manager.
- If unsure about how to take or complete an order, seek out a manager’s input. To ensure a consistent and high-quality product and customer service system, seek advice, do not just “wing-it” if uncertain how to proceed.
- Take out compost, recycling and trash when full.
- Be proactive! If something needs to be done or cleaned, don’t wait for someone else to do it. Just get it done.
- Have a fast motor. That means your default is to work quickly and diligently throughout your shift, with a genuine sense of urgency. You don’t slow down on slow days; you use it as an opportunity to get more done, not talk with your coworkers about non-work related matters.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to stand for 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs several times throughout the day.
- Be self-directed when needed but comfortable taking direction and asking questions.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, vendors and customers.
90 Day Goals
This job requires an extended, self-motivated training/probationary period. The following list of goals must be accomplished within 3 months of being hired. All resources necessary to accomplish these goals will be made available. If the following goals are not accomplished, a permanent position will not be offered.
- Become familiar with all aspects of order fulfillment with the Grocery Department.
- Become familiar with each coffee we sell and be able to make recommendations for customers.
- Become familiar with the company structure, policies and personnel.
- Be a team player and show an effort to work quickly, accurately and diligently.
Please send a resume and cover email to email@example.com.