Please e-mail resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Production Team Member Job Description
The Production Team Member works directly in the Production department on the execution of daily orders. All Team Members are expected to excel at customer service, whether they are taking orders or answering questions over the phone, helping customers in person or making deliveries. The ideal candidate works quickly with a sense of urgency. A background in coffee is also desirable.
Production Team Member Responsibilities
- Produces all packaging materials for daily shipments, including labeling of bags and boxes.
- Filling all coffee orders
- Working with fellow team members to ensure that all orders are filled, packed and shipped in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Communicating with the Area Managers any inventory shortages, errors or safety concerns.
- Other projects as necessary, to help the department be successful
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly cleaning and organizations activities.
- Perform deliveries using company vans.
- Answer the phone, write down orders legibly and accurately and answer customer questions such as providing tracking information and coffee suggestions. Refer calls to a manager or more experienced Team Member when unable to provide accurate or timely information to customers.
- At all times provide friendly, respectful, knowledgeable and efficient customer service.
- Transition efficiently from completing one task to starting another; if unsure what task to tackle next, check with one of the Area Managers.
- If unsure about how to take or complete an order, seek out a manager’s input. To ensure a consistent and high-quality product and customer service system, seek advice, do not just “wing-it” if uncertain how to proceed.
- Serve customers at the Roastery Coffee Bar.
- Take out compost, recycling and trash when full.
- Be proactive! If something needs to be done or cleaned, don’t wait for someone else to do it. Just get it done.
- Have a fast motor. That means your default is to work quickly and diligently throughout your shift, with a genuine sense of urgency. You don’t slow down on slow days; you use it as an opportunity to get more done, not talk with your coworkers about non-work related matters.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to stand for 8 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs several times throughout the day.
- Comfortable driving and parallel parking a cargo van in and around Providence.
- Be self-directed when needed but comfortable taking direction and asking questions.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Undergo our Barista Certification training program
90 Day Goals
This job requires an extended, self-motivated training/probationary period. The following list of goals must be accomplished within 3 months of being hired. All resources necessary to accomplish these goals will be made available. If the following goals are not accomplished, a permanent position will not be offered.
- Become familiar with all aspects of order fulfillment with the Production Department.
- Become familiar with each coffee we sell and be able to make recommendations for customers.
- Become familiar with the company structure, policies and personnel.
- Be a team player and show an effort to work quickly, accurately and diligently.