There are many pour over brewers to choose from, but we're big Kalita Wave fans ourselves (children+dog+cat=last brewing method standing). It makes a great cup, no matter what crazy situation you find yourself in.
About Kalita Wave Brewing
20g of New Harvest Coffee
Medium (think Table Salt)
What you need
- Kalita Wave brewer
- Kalita filter
- Serving vessel
- Digital Scale
- Stirring tool
- Coffee cup
- Place your Kalita Wave brewer on your serving vessel and place the Kalita filter in the brew basket. Pre-wet your filter with hot water to wash out the filter’s paper taste and to warm the brew equipment. Discard water after use.
- Place your brewer on the scale and tare to 0.
- Dose your freshly ground New Harvest coffee into the center of the filter. Shake the brewer gently to settle the ground.
- Confirm that your dose is correct then tare the scale to 0 again. Start your timer.
- Starting at the center of the grounds, vigorously add 60g of water in an outward spiral.
- Allow the coffee to bloom, or off-gas, for 30-40 seconds. After the bloom, begin adding water in steady outward spirals until you reach 160g.
- Now, maintain this water level, gently adding water approximately 10 second intervals until you’ve hit your total yield, 320g. This should happen close to the end of your total brew time.
- Allow the coffee to drip through before removing the filter and grounds. Remove your Kalita Wave and discard the filter, swirl your server, pour and enjoy!
Pairs Best with Kalita Wave
Free Shipping for orders over $75.