There are many pour over brewers to choose from, but we're big Kalita Wave fans ourselves (children+dog+cat=last brewing method standing). It makes a great cup, no matter what crazy situation you find yourself in.
About Kalita Wave Brewing
20g of New Harvest Coffee
Medium (think Table Salt)
What you need
- Kalita Wave brewer
- Kalita filter
- Serving vessel
- Digital Scale
- Stirring tool
- Coffee cup
- Place your Kalita Wave brewer on your serving vessel and place the Kalita filter in the brew basket. Pre-wet your filter with hot water to wash out the filter’s paper taste and to warm the brew equipment. Discard water after use.
- Place your brewer on the scale and tare to 0.
- Dose your freshly ground New Harvest coffee into the center of the filter. Shake the brewer gently to settle the ground.
- Confirm that your dose is correct then tare the scale to 0 again. Start your timer.
- Starting at the center of the grounds, vigorously add 60g of water in an outward spiral.
- Allow the coffee to bloom, or off-gas, for 30-40 seconds. After the bloom, begin adding water in steady outward spirals until you reach 160g.
- Now, maintain this water level, gently adding water approximately 10 second intervals until you’ve hit your total yield, 320g. This should happen close to the end of your total brew time.
- Allow the coffee to drip through before removing the filter and grounds. Remove your Kalita Wave and discard the filter, swirl your server, pour and enjoy!